Artist Travel Grants
- Friday September 6th, 2019 (5pm PST)
- Friday November 1st, 2019 (5pm PST)
- Friday January 10th, 2020 (5pm PST)
- Friday April 3rd, 2020 (5pm PST)
- Friday June 12th, 2020 (5pm PST)
Which Artist Travel Grant Should I Apply For?
- Showcase – Domestic or International : For artists who have one official showcase invite/confirmation at a festival occurring at least 300 km outside of their geographical area.
- Tour – Domestic: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates within Canada.
- Tour – International: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates outside of Canada.
- Tour – Pacific Northwest US Touring: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates in Pacific Northwest markets (Washington State, Oregon, California).
- Road-To Series: For artists who: a) have an official showcase invite/confirmation at an approved* festival where Music BC will be present, AND b) who have a minimum of 3 paid tour dates surrounding the approved festival.
- Showcase – Domestic or International = $2,500
- Tour – Domestic = $4,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Tour – International = $5,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Tour – Pacific Northwest US Touring = $4,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Road-To Series = Up to $10,000 (you must show a minimum of 3 paid shows)
*Approved 2019-20 festivals for the Road-To Series include:Reeperbahn, BIGSOUND, NH7 Weekender, Folk Alliance International, The Great Escape, FIMPRO, Zandari Festa. Note: Initiatives may be added to this list at a later date.
Business Travel: Artists traveling for business development purposes and not showcasing (e.g., radio promotion tours, songwriting trips, or attending conferences or trade missions) should apply under the Business Travel Application.
Please take a moment to review our revised 2020 Artist Guidelines:
Application & Budget:
- Download and complete the budget here and fill in the application below