Music BC Travel Grants
COVID-19 TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
April 30th, 2020
Due to the uncertain nature of global travel restrictions in the near future, Music BC will no longer be processing new artist or business travel grant applications. This will remain in effect until we receive clarity from various levels of government and national health authorities on the easing of restrictions.
Artists and businesses may still submit applications, however they will not be reviewed or awarded at this time. We will share further details and updates once travel restrictions are lifted. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
If you have any questions about an already submitted application due to a COVID-19 related cancellation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com.
Music BC Travel Grants provide assistance to BC based artists to participate in touring and showcasing initiatives domestically and internationally, and BC based companies and individuals undertaking business travel activities in support of the BC music community. Read the updated guidelines before using the online forms to apply.
**Please note the guidelines for the Music BC Travel Grant Program for artists and businesses have been updated to provide additional clarity, effective immediately. Please take a moment to review our updated guidelines below.
**Please note the following changes to the Music BC Travel Grant Program, effective immediately:
- Artists and Companies are welcome to submit more than one grant application per deadline, however, and provided one or more of the applications are ranked highly enough to be in a position of funding, only one grant will be awarded per deadline. Funding for the successful grant application may not be transferred to another grant application.
- Companies may receive up to $10,000 CAD in funding per fiscal year (March 31st, 2019 – March 31st, 2020) through the Business Travel Grant program.
- Emphasis will be given to applicants who have yet to receive significant funding from Music BC. For applicants who have received support through the travel grant program, consideration will be given to initiatives or markets that have not yet been attended, visited, or funded.
- Until further notice, showcase applications for Canadian Music Week will not be accepted.
Feel free to contact our office or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on the above changes.
- Friday September 6th, 2019 (5pm PST)
- Friday November 1st, 2019 (5pm PST)
- Friday January 10th, 2020 (5pm PST)
- Friday April 3rd, 2020 (5pm PST)
- Friday June 12th, 2020 (5pm PST)
Please allow 6-8 weeks AFTER the deadline for our staff to notify you on the status of your application.
Please take a moment to review our revised 2020 Artist & Business Guidelines
- November 1st, 2019 Deadline
- September 6th, 2019 Deadline
- June 28th, 2019 Deadline
- April 5th, 2019 Deadline
- February 1st, 2019 Deadline
- November 2nd, 2018 Deadline
- August 31st, 2018 Deadline
- May 25th, 2018 Deadline
- February 2nd, 2018 Deadline
- September 29th, 2017 Deadline
- June 30th, 2017 Deadline
- March 31st, 2017 Deadline