Apply Now to Showcase at Canadian Music Week 2021
Music BC will be presenting a showcase this Spring during the virtual edition of Canadian Music Week – with artist showcases and the industry conference happening May 18th – 21st, 2021. This is an opportunity for five BC-based acts (solo artists, singer-songwriters, bands or DJs) to perform for and network online with influential music industry professionals from across Canada and beyond. Canadian Music Week is a four-day virtual event dedicated to the expression and growth of Canada’s music, media and entertainment industries. Combining multifaceted information-intensive conferences; a trade exposition; awards shows and the nation’s largest new and emerging music festival.
- Submit your application below for a chance to record your virtual showcase and participate in the conference.
- Applications open February 4th, 2021 and close Feb 25th, 2021 at 5:00PM (PST). Selected artists will be notified directly by e-mail by Music BC.
- Artists will be curated by a jury of BC based music professionals with an emphasis on selecting candidates based on export readiness, genre fit and their goals and objectives for attending.
- Applications from artists from all walks of life, ethnicity, heritage, age, gender identity, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, region or religious background are encouraged. Music BC is committed to equity, and strives for our programming to reflect the diversity of our society and our industry.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Majority of performing members must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and must have resided in BC for a period of six months prior to and at the time of applying.
- Artist must be available to record a virtual showcase performance in early Spring 2021 at a recording studio or venue based in BC.
- Artist applicants must have an original 15-minute set.
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or upcoming 6 months).
- Selected artists will receive a complimentary pro-badge to the conference.
- Artists and their professional teams are required to make themselves available between May 18 – 21, 2021 to attend the virtual conference for networking purposes.
The safety of all involved is our priority and all guidelines from local health authorities will be communicated and strictly followed.