Music BC is excited to be partnering with Music PEI to bring One (1) Music BC member to participate in Music PEI’s Canadian Songwriter Challenge, taking place between May 21-26th, 2018 in Charlottetown PEI. Current Music BC members who are recording artists + songwriters are encouraged to apply.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, February 14th at 5pm PST.
SELECTION PROCESS: Consideration will be given to the artist’s history, current activities and future plans. The selected applicant will be notified 2-3 weeks after the deadline.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Applicant must be a current Music BC member who has been residing in BC for the past 12 months (up to and at the time of application).
- Applicants must be available between May 21-26th, 2018.
- Applicants must be a recording artist as well as a songwriter.
- Artist should have a current album or digital release (within the last 24 months, or upcoming 12 months).
- In the case of bands or groups, the primary songwriter in the band will participate in the songwriting challenge.
Artist will be provided with the following:
- Travel allowance to cover flight or mileage;
- Hotel during their stay;
- A Music PEI jury selected partner to work with;
- Professional studio to work in;
- Performance fee for the concert;
- Catered lunches plus additional $30 per diem for 4 days;
- Free access to the Canadian Song Conference (http://www.musicpei.com/canadian-song-conference/)
About Music PEI Canadian Songwriter Challenge:
Music PEI established the Canadian Song Conference (CSC) in 2015 and was tremendously successful in bringing music industry professionals from across Canada, the US, UK and Australia to PEI to participate. The CSC includes workshops and panels designed to assist artists in developing multiple revenue streams and explores the art and commerce of songs and songwriting. The Canadian Songwriter Challenge (supported by Bell Media) is a component of the CSC and was created by Music PEI through a partnership with other provincial Music Industry Associations.
This project puts artists from PEI together with artists from across Canada to collaborate and co-write in pairs. Each pair of artists has 2 days to write and record two songs in demo form. Music PEI will provide the recording studio and will work with the other MIAs to select the other participating artists. You can listen to songs created during the 2017 Canadian Songwriter Challenge on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/music-pei/sets/2017-canadian-song-challenge.
The Canadian Songwriter Challenge is not genre specific and is open to both solo artists and bands. If bands apply, the primary songwriter in the band will participate in the songwriting process. After the songwriting and recording process is completed, each pair of artists will have an opportunity to present their demos at a listening session of delegates recruited for the CSC which will provide excellent business opportunities. These delegates include music supervisors, publishers, and other industry professionals.In order to be eligible to submit, you must meet certain criteria. Please refer to the Canadian Songwriter Challenge Guidelines for full details. Let’s get started!
Thank you for your interest! Applications are now closed.