Artist Travel Grants
Friday March 31st, 2017 (5pm PST) Friday June 30th, 2017 (5pm PST)
- Friday September 29th, 2017 (5pm PST) (NEW!)
- Friday February 2nd, 2018 (5pm PST)
Which Artist Travel Grant Should I Apply For?
- Showcase – Domestic or International : For artists who have one official showcase invite/confirmation at a festival occurring at least 200 km outside of their geographical area.
- Tour – Domestic: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates within Canada.
- Tour – International: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates outside of Canada.
- Tour – Pacific Northwest US Touring: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates in Pacific Northwest markets (Washington State, Oregon, California).
- Road-To Series: For artists who: a) have an official showcase invite/confirmation at an approved* festival where Music BC will be present, AND b) who have a minimum of 3 paid tour dates surrounding the approved festival.
- Showcase – Domestic or International = $2,000
- Tour – Domestic = $3,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Tour – International = $4,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Tour – Pacific Northwest US Touring = $4,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Road-To Series = Up to $1,000 per paid performance date (you must show a minimum of 3 paid shows), up to a max of 20 performance dates (i.e., max $20,000)*
*Approved festivals for the Road-To Series that take place between March 1st, 2017 – March 1st, 2018 include: SXSW 2017, Tallinn Music Week, Canadian Music Week, FOCUS Wales, The Great Escape, Reeperbahn Festival, Australian Music Week, Mundial, M for Montreal, NH7 Weekender. For touring around showcases not listed here, artists are encouraged to apply for the Domestic or International tour grants.
Business Travel: Artists traveling for business development purposes and not showcasing (e.g., radio promotion tours, songwriting trips, or attending conferences or trade missions) should apply under the Business Travel Application.
- Download and complete the budget here or fill in the application below