Artist Travel Grants
- Friday May 25th, 2018 (5pm PST)
Which Artist Travel Grant Should I Apply For?
- Showcase – Domestic or International : For artists who have one official showcase invite/confirmation at a festival occurring at least 300 km outside of their geographical area.
- Tour – Domestic: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates within Canada.
- Tour – International: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates outside of Canada.
- Tour – Pacific Northwest US Touring: For artists who have a minimum of 5 paid tour dates in Pacific Northwest markets (Washington State, Oregon, California).
- Road-To Series: For artists who: a) have an official showcase invite/confirmation at an approved* festival where Music BC will be present, AND b) who have a minimum of 3 paid tour dates surrounding the approved festival.
- Showcase – Domestic or International = $2,000
- Tour – Domestic = $3,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Tour – International = $4,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Tour – Pacific Northwest US Touring = $4,000 (tours must be a minimum of 5 paid shows)
- Road-To Series = Up to $1,000 per paid performance date (you must show a minimum of 3 paid shows), up to a max of 20 performance dates (i.e., max $20,000)*
*Approved 2018 festivals for the Road-To Series include: Folk Alliance International, Tallinn Music Week, The Great Escape, and FIMPRO. For touring around showcases not listed here, artists are encouraged to apply for the Domestic or International tour grants.
Business Travel: Artists traveling for business development purposes and not showcasing (e.g., radio promotion tours, songwriting trips, or attending conferences or trade missions) should apply under the Business Travel Application.
- Download and complete the budget here and fill in the application below