The International Folk Alliance conference is an annual event that draws together music industry professionals from throughout the world to share ideas, network, and celebrate traditional music and dance. It is an event of celebration, education, and entertainment, that includes showcases, panels, workshops, and exhibitors.
This year Music BC will be hosting it’s very own private showcase room, over 4 nights!
Both emerging and experienced artists are welcome to apply. The conference is best suited for those who play Traditional Folk, Acoustic, Americana, Bluegrass, Blues, Celtic, Children’s Music, Country, Folk, Gospel, Singer/Songwriter, Spoken Word, and World Music. We also encourage everyone to also apply for an official showcase, to maximize the potential exposure you can recieve while at the event (http://www.folkalliance.org/conference/official-showcase-application)
Apply today to perform at Music BC’s 2013 Folk Alliance Showcase by filling out the quick and easy form below!
Deadline: Friday November 16th, 2012. 5pm (PST)
Please read below and review carefully before applying. By applying you agree to all the points listed below.
- Band or artist must be able to commit to playing at Music BC’s showcase during the Folk Alliance International Conference, February 20th – 24th 2013, in Toronto, ON. Exact showcase dates/times are TBC.
- Showcase will be held at the Delta Chelsea Hotel. Each artist will be scheduled for multiple timeslots as to best maximize their exposure. Artist must help co-ordinate scheduling by providing information if they are playing showcases with any other rooms.
- Must be a Music BC member in good standing (not sure if you’re still a member? Give us a call at 604.873.1914)
- Band/artists will be selected by a jury comprised of local music industry personnel..
- Artists must provide your own travel, accommodations and meals. Music BC will not be liable for any occurred expenses.